Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Is Coming!

Hola todos!



Christmas time in Santiago is finally here and with it many things to do and see. The streets are semi-decorated, some more than others. I hear theres a tree in Plaza de Armas in the center of town so I do need to go check that out. There was a christmas parade a week or so ago that was supposed to run down one of the main streets in town, ending right where we live. It was perfect because if it went according to plan it would have passed right by Jen's apartment, and the view from the balcony would have been perfect. The parade was to start at 6, so around 4:45 we went out to the balcony, brought some cervezas, and set up a sweet christmas music playlist and  hung out. However, this is Chile and nothing ever goes as planned and around seven we realized the parade was not in fact coming by us, but had been diverted a couple blocks up. (It was also planned by a Canadian planner so you can see that there are multiple factors working against us here) Either way we walked to see it, and here are some pictures from it. 




All the people kind of reminded me of Main Street, U.S.A. in Disney World. A lot of people showed up, I don't know any exact numbers but it was a lot

C IS FOR COOKIES AND COOKIES ARE FOR ME



"El viejito pascuero" which literally translates to: "A whale's vagina"...no just kidding I'm pretty sure it means "little old man of Easter" but its still silly


Thats all for now, I'll post more soon because my sister is here finally and we've been going to christmas spectaculars all over the city and taking pics so I'll put them up soon.

Feliz Navidad!

No comments:

Post a Comment