Sunday, November 7, 2010

Jornada, VE, and more Santiago

HELLO,

Two weekends ago we had our Jornada, which was a sort of volunteer retreat to reflect on our work, to leave the city for a little bit, and to hang out with all the VE Global volunteers as a group. In all honesty, I thought it was going to be boring but I ended up having a good time and learning a good amount. We were in a beautiful town called Cajon de Maipo, about a 90 minute drive away in the mountains. It was a good time overall and I think we accomplished what we set out to. Here is Maipo:

























































The next night was HaLLoWeEn! which was a lot of fun. We had a pre-game at our apartment (where our toilet was promptly broken) and then went to the club. I was a sexy chef for the pre-game but the club wasn't ready for that yet so I changed to go out. At the club there were some crazy zombies:






































Thats about all for now, I just got back from a nice little BBQ at a friends apartment, where we watched the Colo-Colo vs. Universidad de Chile soccer game. They're the two biggest teams in the Chilean soccer league, and the game looked nuts on tv. Everyone had flares and ribbons and drums and all kinds of stuff in the stands. It ended in a tie, 2-2 on a last second goal in extra time.

Chao Mujeres y Hombres

1 comment:

  1. Awesome blog, you outdid me for sure. Enjoy the Chileans and glad you had a nice little Halloween celebration.

    -Will Mustian

    ReplyDelete